What is semi permanent makeup?
WHAT IS MICROPIGMENTATION
Micropigmentation also known as semi permanent makeup involves implanting a small amount of pigment into the shallowest part of the dermis (First) layer of skin using an extremely fine needle, similar to an acupuncture needle. It is designed to help clients gain confidence, save time and add balance to the face by enhancing features.
The treatment involves having one initial session followed by a second session 6-8 weeks later. Your semi permanent makeup will NOT be completed after your first treatment. It is only after your second (or third depending on your skin) treatment, where shape and colour can all be adjusted. After this an annual colourboost is recommended to keep the semi permanent makeup looking fresh.
After your treatment some residual swelling is normal for ALL procedures. Most swelling occurs on day 2/3. The amount of swelling will differ on each individual.
The area may appear uneven, dry, itchy, tender, red & irritated. This is all 100% normal. DO NOT PICK. These symptoms will dissipate each day and vary on an individual basis.
The appearance of your new semi permanent makeup will be darker and thicker than you might expect, again this is normal. Usually after a week or so the area and top layer starts to scab and shed off in sections. The new exposed pigment will eventually soften and settle into an appropriate natural appearance.
Colour will fade/soften anywhere from 10% to 50% or more. At the touch up we will fine tune any area that has faded too much. Healing is specific to each client. It is important to realise that you will need a colour boost every 6-18months to maintain it's fresh natural appearance.
The treatment is designed to be an enhancement to your natural brows/lips. You may still need to use some product although its not always necessary.
Each time a procedure is performed, scar tissue is made and therefore eventually you will no longer be able to have the treatment. This makes it all the more important to follow good pre and post care to ensure your results are at their optimum.
If you are out in the sun a lot, have oily skin, use anti-aging creams, retinA/retinol products, acidic cleansers, natural elements, regular chemical peels, or exercise frequently, your permanent makeup WILL fade prematurely. The better you take care of the treated area and follow the provided aftercare, the longer it will last.
As we age our skin changes. The permanent makeup will eventually look more powdered, this is universal with all permanent makeup procedures.
There are no guarantees made as to the final outcome. Your skin, lifestyle and after care play a huge roll in YOUR results. EVERYONE heals differently. Not everyone is a candidate for the Hair Stroke procedure. There may be other contraindications not listed and your appointment may be cancelled. This is left up to Nina's discretion and she will be totally honest with you.
Remember, no two sides of the face are the same. Perfection is our goal, but, note that nothing is perfect. We do not use the "P" word when doing Permanent Makeup.
General Rules for ALL Procedures
*Only the client is allowed in the procedure room*
PERMANENT MAKEUP WILL NOT BE PERFORMED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR TRYING
If you work out regularly (5-7 days a week), your eyebrows WILL fade very fast due to the production of salt/sweat. Salt is used to remove permanent makeup. They will appear more powdered or blurred under the skin as well. If you are not ok with this, then you should not have the procedure done. Nina reserves the right to refuse future services if she feels the results wont be to the clients satisfaction.
YOU CANNOT HAVE A TAN 30 DAYS BEFORE & ABSOLUTELY NO SUN 30 DAYS AFTER (This means no SUN or HEAT for 30 days after at all.) If you resume tanning, the results will fade quickly, heal darker, fade fast or not retain at all. If you ruin the results by going out in the sun too soon, Nina may not be able to work on you in the future.
If you are found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, your appointment will be cancelled and you will forfeit the deposit.
If you are required to be on antibiotics prior to any type of procedure, please let me know asap.
Botox should be performed 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after the procedure.
No chemical peels 60 days prior and must wait 60 days after
IF YOU DO FREQUENT PEELS, THE BROWS WILL FADE QUICKER DUE TO THE CHEMICALS TRAVELING UNDER THE SKIN.
Retinols/Retin-A's, other anti-aging creams or serums containing acids WILL fade your permanent makeup prematurely EVEN AFTER IT IS HEALED.
You must be OFF all Retinols/Retina-A 30 days prior to appt. If not the area will bleed and pigment will not heal properly. If you resume the retinols, your brows WILL fade quickly due to the chemicals in the creams.
If you bleach your eyebrows, it is recommended not to have this procedure done. The chemicals WILL bleach the hair & the pigment as well.
If there are any blemishes, spots, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles, bruises or other skin imperfections IN or AROUND the area of the procedure, the procedure will not be carried out until the blemish or area of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed.
If you show up to the appointment and there is an area of concern, you will be rescheduled to the next available appointment and forfeit your deposit for the appointment time lost. A new deposit will be required to reschedule.
The procedure room is cleaned after every treatment using medical grade disinfectants. All needles are sterile and opened only when treatment is about to be performed. Protective covers are placed over machine, equipment and lighting etc. Whilst every precaution is taken to ensure no infection occurs, infection can happen post treatment. Keeping the area as clean as possible after the treatment will lower the risk of infection but it is always a possibility as we do not live in a sterile world.
AFTERCARE - GENERAL
• Exercise should be kept to a minimum for 2 days prior to treatment and absolutely no makeup, lotions, creams, sun, sweating, exercise or exertion of any kind after the procedure for 2 weeks.
• Do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommended not to sweat for the first 14 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and WILL prematurely fade, blur or cause the pigment not to take at all.
• Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure. .
• Do NOT take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 72 hrs prior to your procedure.
• Avoid sleeping on your face during the 1st 14 days after the procedure
.• You have to be off Accutane for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
• You may not be a good candidate if you have Severely Oily Skin, your results will appear softer (eyebrows can look more powdered instead of like hair strokes).
• Dark Skin types please note that your permanent makeup will not appear as bold as lighter skin types. (Indian, African, Filipino, etc.) It will look more solid/powdered due to having a darker skin colour in the background.
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine the day before & prior to the procedure, this will minimize any oozing/bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
• Smoking will cause the pigment to fade prematurely and anaesthetics will not last as long.
• Getting a procedure while on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive at the procedure site
.• No swimming until the area is completely healed, salt water/chlorine will cause the pigments to fade or change in colour. It is recommended to apply the Vaseline to the treated area/s prior to swimming even after healed to prevent the chlorine water/salt water from penetrating the area.
• Only touch the treated areas with squeaky clean hands during the healing process.
• DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE TREATED AREA. Let any scabbing, flaking or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring or infection.
• Skin exfoliates itself. At what speed is age, skin and lifestyle related. Due to this factor you will get shedding at different parts at different times.
• Plan on scheduling your touch-up within the first 6-12 months.
IF THE AFTER CARE IS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY, NINA WILL KNOW AND IT WILL BE UP TO HER DISCRETION IF SHE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK ON YOU IN THE FUTURE. THIS AN INVESTMENT IN YOUR FACE AND THE AFTER CARE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROCEDURE.
• If you get your eyebrows waxed or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least two weeks to have them waxed & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
• Regular makeup can be worn immediately after your procedure, just not on the treated area until healed. Absolutely NOTHING on the brows..No Water...no makeup, lotions, pencil etc. for 14 days or until all scabs are off.
• The eyebrows will appear bolder immediately after the procedure. This is common in all Permanent Makeup applications. It will begin to soften up typically within 3-30 days. When choosing a colour, it is recommended to go lighter until we see the healed results, we can always go darker at the touch up, we cannot go lighter.
• Hair strokes will appear crisp and bold at first, but will soften up in appearance as the tissue heals. The area will shed taking some colour with it, this is normal. The area will begin to oxidise and darken over the 1st month.
• DO NOT PICK!!!!!
• It is very common to have areas fade more so than others. This is part of the healing process and will be treated at the recommended touch up appointment. Previously done eyebrows may take 1-3 treatments to achieve the desired result.
• Red heads, blondes & fair skin types will experience more swelling, redness and fading than darker skin types.
• Clients with darker skin (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.), Please know that the Hair Strokes will NOT appear as defined or as dark as lighter skin types due to the skin colour already being naturally darker.
• The colour and shape can be assessed and adjusted at your second treatment
• Wipe over the treated area morning and evening using sterile water for 48 hours after
• Use the aftercare as instructed by Nina and on your aftercare sheet
After the procedure on such a vascular area its important to wipe the area with cool sterile water as often as needed, but definitely atleast in the morning and in the evening. Do this for ATLEAST 48 hours
Apply the aftercare given after the treatment.
If you can bear to have chapped lips whilst healing, do so. If not continue with the aftercare preferably or any breathable cream - NOT vaselline
TOP UP TREATMENTS
Your quoted price includes your second treatment. Should you have to have a third treatment an additional charge will be applied
If you have had your original Permanent Makeup done by me, and you choose to go elsewhere for touch-ups, I cant guarantee i will be able to perform any future treatments on you as I cannot guarantee what was used and therefore the outcome.